Code Enforcement

Code Enforcement’s responsibility is to enforce established Zoning & City Codes for the purpose of cleaning and enhancing the appearance of our community which will maintain or raise property values, reduce crime, and instill pride in our community.

Residents can assist in the appearance of El Mirage by taking an active part in cleaning up neighborhoods as well as reporting blight-related problems that need attention. 

Code Enforcement can work with property owners to bring properties into code compliance and continue striving to achieve a clean and safe city to live in. If you have questions, need additional information or to find out how you can contribute to your community - call us at (623) 500-3020 or send an email to  

Typical code violations that require Code Enforcement action

  1. Graffiti – Every property owner should keep their property clear of graffiti and report graffiti in common areas to the Police Department. 
  2. Improper Parking – Vehicles must be parked in the area designated/designed for parking maintained in a dust-free condition. 
  3. Inoperable Vehicles – these vehicles cannot be parked on the street or be visible from the street. 
  4. Over-Height Vegetation – weeds and grasses should be trimmed to a height of no more than 6 inches. 
  5. Temporary Signage – garage sale and for sale signs are not allowed to be placed in city rights-of-way. 

Code Enforcement Frequently Asked Questions

 1. How do I report a code violation?

Code violations can be reported one of four ways: 

Phone: Call Code Enforcement at 623-500-3020 to be directed to the Code Enforcement Officer assigned to your area.

E-mail: Send the violation information via e-mail to and include the address and the nature of the violation (high weeds, inoperable vehicle, etc.).

In-Person: Stop by the El Mirage Police Department at 12401 W. Cinnabar Avenue during business hours.

 2.Can I remain anonymous when I report a violation?


 3.How do I report graffiti in my neighborhood?

If you see graffiti in progress please call 9-1-1 or call the El Mirage Police Department at 623-933-1341.

 4.What can I do about barking dogs in my neighborhood?

Call the El Mirage Police Department at 623-933-1341.

 5.How do I report a green pool?

Call Maricopa County Vector Control at 602-506-0700 or file an online report at Maricopa County Vector Control Environmental Complaint.

6.Who do I call to report a loose/roaming animal in the neighborhood?

Call the El Mirage Police Department at 623-933-1341. However, if you feel that there is a threat to public safety call 911.

7.Who do I call to report a dead animal on the road?

Call El Mirage Public Works at 623-935-6405.

8.Who do I call to report an abandoned shopping cart?

Please report an abandoned shopping cart by calling 1-800-THE CART (1-800-843-2278) and leave a message including 1) the exact location of the cart (including major cross streets), 2) the name of the store the cart belongs to and 3) a contact phone number.

"Quality community development through quality customer service."