For the week of July 24th:
- Thunderbird Road - The sidewalk on the north side of Thunderbird Road is closed to pedestrians between 127th Avenue and El Frio Street. Please use the sidewalk on the south side and only cross at marked crosswalks. Temporary walkways have been constructed to maintain pedestrian access to the businesses in the construction zone.
- Intermittent closures of Thunderbird Road between 127th Avenue and El Frio Street may be encountered.
- El Mirage Road has two way traffic south of Ventura Street and northbound only traffic north of Ventura Street. Traffic has been shifted to the east side of El Mirage Road while demolition of the west side has started. Detours are provided via Primrose Street and 5th Avenue.
- Traffic will be shifted between the inside and outside lanes of El Mirage Road, between Thunderbird Road and Cactus Road, through July 25th in order to complete the paving, striping and adjust utilities. Traffic at the intersection of El Mirage Road and Cactus Road has been shifted to the south side and no left turns from Cactus Road will be allowed during this time.
- El Mirage Road South of Thunderbird Road - Traffic restrictions and lane closures may be encountered.
- El Mirage Road - Northern Avenue to Cinnabar Avenue - Maricopa County is working on El Mirage Road south of Peoria Avenue. Intermittent closures may be encountered. Driveways may be affected as the proposed water main is installed. Questions or concerns on this project can be directed to 480-299-8689.
- Work along both north and south shoulders of Olive Avenue to continue through the end of October.
- Olive Avenue will be reduced to one through lane in each direction near the intersection. The northernmost lane will be closed until July 29th and the southernmost lane will be closed until October 1st. Left turns will still be available.
- ADOT is finishing Thunderbird Road east of El Frio Street. Lane restrictions will be encountered. Questions or concerns on this project can be directed to 855-712-8530 or www.azdot.gov/tbird.
Drivers are encouraged to use Greenway Road, Dysart Road, and Northern Avenue as the preferred route to avoid construction related delays.