For the week of August 16th - August 22nd:
- Northern Parkway - The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures and lane restrictions along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. These roadways may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross the road.
- The right northbound lane of Dysart Road is closed on both sides of Northern Avenue until February 2020.
- The northbound lane on El Mirage Road, south of Northern Avenue will be closed until December 2019. Traffic will be shifted west of the lane closure to allow access along El Mirage Road.
- Northern Parkway between Forterra Pipe and Dysart Road will be closed between Thursday, August 15th at 9pm and Friday, August 16th at 5am for paving. Vehicles will be detoured to Olive Avenue and Glendale Avenue via El Mirage Road and Dysart Road.
- El Mirage Road between Glendale Avenue and Northern Avenue will be closed between Tuesday, August 20th at 9pm and Wednesday, August 21st at 5am for paving. Vehicles will be detoured to Dysart Road via Northern Avenue and Glendale Avenue.
- Dysart Road & Thunderbird Road - The right southbound lane of Dysart Road north and south of Thunderbird Road will be closed until mid-October in order to install a deceleration lane for an industrial site within the City of Surprise. The eastbound right turn lane on Waddell Road, west of the intersection, will also be closed during this time.
- Butler Drive - Butler Drive between El Mirage Road and 125th Avenue is closed due to a water leak. All vehicles will be detoured to Butler Drive via Alice Avenue and 125th Avenue. Businesses on Butler Drive, east of 125th Avenue, will still be able to reach their property. The road will be re-opened once the leak is repaired.
- Primrose Street and Poppy Street Alley - The alley between Primrose Street and Poppy Street between Thunderbird Road and Ventura Street will be closed to allow the reconstruction of the alley and parking lot for 12102 West Thunderbird Road.
- Peoria Avenue - Peoria Avenue will be closed between 125th Avenue and El Mirage Road on Friday, August 16th and will open back up in the evening on Saturday, August 17th in order to finalize the pavement preservation. Detours will be provided via El Mirage Road, Cactus Road, Dysart Road and Olive Avenue.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm