For the week of April 19th - April 25th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the eastbound direction between Greenway Road and Thunderbird Road. Intermittent closures of driveways and side streets may be encountered. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the westbound direction should follow the detour along Grand Avenue, Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. This project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The access roadway that connects the Frontage Road and Grand Avenue in front of Coury's Plaza is closed. Vehicles will be detoured to either Greenway Road or Primrose Street.
- A map of the detours can be found by clicking here.
- The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is constructing Northern Parkway between Dysart Road and 111th Avenue. Shoulder closures along El Mirage Road, Dysart Road and Northern Avenue are anticipated. Northern Avenue may be reduced to one lane with flaggers at times. Flaggers will be in place to allow construction traffic to cross Northern Avenue.
- The City will be installing new and replacing existing sidewalk ramps in the residential areas north and south of Thunderbird Road through the end of May. The areas within the work zones during this time will experience shoulder work, sidewalks will be closed and there will be no parking allowed. The affected intersections can be found by clicking here.
- The bike lane and sidewalk on the east side of Thompson Ranch Road between Grand Avenue and Thompson Ranch Elementary School will be closed until the beginning of May. Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane and will be switched between the northbound inside and outside lanes as needed to perform utility work for the Grand Village subdivision.
- Cox Communications is working along the shoulder on the west side of Dysart Road, north and south of Cactus Road. Work is anticipated to be complete by the end of April.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm