For the week of December 14th - December 20th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Santa Fe Lane. This set up will remain through Friday, December 14th. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This full project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- On the evening of December 14th, the traffic control on the Frontage Road will be cleared for the Holidays and traffic may proceed in both directions. On Wednesday, January 2nd, Phase 2 of the project will begin and the traffic will revert to only being allowed in the westbound direction, but will extend from Thunderbird Road to Greenway Road. This set-up will be in place until April 2019.
- The installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will continue through the end of January. Both northbound and southbound vehicles have been shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Peoria Avenue and Wolfley Drive. Left turns on to Peoria Avenue from Dysart Road are restricted. Vehicles are detoured to Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- Starting Wednesday, December 12th, Dysart Road south of Peoria Avenue will be reduced to a total of one lane within the construction area. Flaggers will allow vehicles to traverse the traffic control one direction at a time. Expect delays through early January.
- The City will be installing crosswalk warning lights at the HAWK Crossing located at the intersection of Cactus Road and 127th Avenue on Saturday and Sunday, December 15th & 16th. Lane restrictions will be in place during both days. Please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
- A water line connection is being performed on El Mirage Road north of Olive Avenue which will require a reduction to one lane in each direction between Ramirez Road and Olive Avenue through Friday, January 14th.
- The City will be sealing portions of Cactus Road on Thursday, December 20th. Lane restrictions will be encountered throughout the day.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm